Tuesday, January 10

Dispatches from the Wee Smalls (repost)

*Note: This blog was originally emailed from my blackberry, but for some reason it never showed up.*

As I write this it is around half-past twelve and I'm recently home from a rather late hockey game (a 2-1 win for the good guys, btw) and I am, as is usual with these late games, wide awake.

DW is fast asleep, although I know she hoped to be awake when I returned and there was a very sweet note on my pillow to give me a late night smile.So, in the absence of any real fatigue I sit here in Penny's rocker/glider with a well-chilled can of Tuborg watching a re-run of Voyager and sending out a note to my blog readership. (I've babbled on ad nauseum about the disadvantages of late hockey games so I'll spare you the needless diatribe/crying jag.)

Life just feels 'good' these days but I can't necessarily put my finger on a reason why. God knows that work has been a bit of a drag (no disclosure here for fear of getting 'dooced') so I know that's not it, but I'm just feeling happy about me, life, love and all that sort of thing. I admit to being a bit of an early bloomer when it comes to my curmudgeon skills, so I can't really fight it when I feel one of these moods. My inner cynic is, of course, clawing to get out but I'll keep the beast at bay for a while.

Times like this, I don't have a care in the world. Actually, I have 'em. But they seem to matter a little less.

Hopefully today smiles upon you all.I must go.

My cat has decided that my chest is a good spot to occupy.

8 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

...or it could be just fatigue-induced psychosis.

Thanks, Ma. I try to be good, but god knows I've been bad in the past. ;-)

Penny said...

The past is the past, baby. We both have things of which we are not proud back in those closets, but that doesn't matter. What matters is the here and now and the fact that we have each other, right?

Having said that, if you do something "bad" in the future (and don't invite me to participate), you know what I will do.

Love you, NNLMM.

Mossy Stone said...

Yes, I know what will happen

~wince~

*cringe*

Penny said...

I love you hunny... :oD

Penny said...

Sometimes... as long as he takes me with him when he's bad!

Penny said...

Ezzzzzzzzzzzactly!

*nod, nod, nod*

D said...

awww... I'm feeling the love. I shall commence the puking...

Mossy Stone said...

Party-pooper...