Saturday, January 14

Lurkers, reveal thyselves!

I was reading Ed's blog this morning and I was inspired by his post about lurking. I know that some of the folks in my daily canon have some neato-o tools that let them see, for example, types of visits and duration and even where they show up in Google/Yahoo searches (some of the criteria that trigger duff's site as a result are really hilarious.)

But it's safe to say that on any blog there is a bit of an imbalance between lurkers and commenters. Normally, this isn't an issue. I know that I lurk sometimes on some blogs. As ltlme has observed sometimes you either have nothing to say, or sometimes the comment you thought was brilliant in its originality has already been posted. Ed summed it up nicely: "sometimes my comment mojo is gone." He's right. Sometimes there really is nothing to be said and there are times when you might only have time for a quick read/update of someone's latest blog but no time for comments. In other cases, I read the blog but I'm not sure that a comment is appropriate. Motherdear has been writing her "Big Girl" series for a while and I admit that it leaves me at a loss for comment. Maybe its one of those stories where a comment simply isn't required.

However, I wish to announce the start of Mossy's de-Lurking Week. Yes, for this entire week, lurkers and visitors old and new are invited to comment and make their presence known. I place no restrictions on comments at all. If you don't have anything to say, even a comment like "Hi, Mossy. [bloggername] was here." would be acceptable.

Take a moment and show yourselves!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

*wave*

Kal said...

Give me a ping, Vasily. One ping only, please.

Penny said...

I'm here too, hunny.

There's a variety of reasons that I may not comment on someone's blog. I may have nothing to say or perhaps just feel that my comment may not add anything of worth. Othertimes, I'm in a rush and just can't take the time to comment. But... I read 'em all.

D said...

Hey Mossy, I'm naked right now!!!
okay, not really. Just leaving my mark.

Anonymous said...

wow! you've enabled anon comments again!

~the cute redhead :)

Anonymous said...

*wave*

Mossy Stone said...

ltlme: And you wonder why you attract all the guys... *g*

Anonymous said...

Hi mossy, didn't mean to be a snoop, just curious, wayne in halifax.

Frank said...

My comments mirror Penny's. I read most every day, but a lot of times I start to comment on a blog and realize that what I have to say doesn't really add anything to the post, and I don't want to leave a long list of "good post" comments.

I have been a reader for quite some time, having found you through Average Joe before he disappeared from the blog-o-spere.