Friday, November 18

Friday Fumblings

I'm definitely having one of those "I feel so freakin lazy I could just go back to bed" days. Again, it seems to be a case of "so much to do and no idea where to start." I am, of course, referring to work.

Since there's not much I can do about that today, I'll blog. (Shades of Kal weighing the options of blogging vs. Madden 2004)

Last night's hockey game was fugly from the opening face-off. I won'r reveal the final score, but collectively we didn't exactly cover ourselves with glory. We definitely mailed that one in.

This weekend looks to be a relatively busy one, with The Boy needing to be at Cadets for 0630 Saturday for a trip to participate in a Santa Claus parade, then I think The Girl has her choir practice and then my out-laws are apparently coming over later that day and my father-in-law is making his van available for the picking up of large items like more drywall and other things. This bodes well. Apparently he wants to make use of my table saw that day. Fair trade? I think the jury's out on that one. ;-) Sunday? Who knows.

Barring some kind of renovation disaster (yeah I know I just spit in the eyes of the gods...I'll deal) we should be able to make some good progress on drywall and wall framing. Will I get it all done? Probably not. There's some fairly complex boxing that needs to be done around the breaker box, to say nothing of running wiring for a switch (shit...gotta pick up an outlet box, too) and figuring out how to work around the ducting (shit...gotta check out how to cap some of the ducts we're taking out) and getting some of the plumbing sorted out for the new laundry space.

Home reno? I love it all. I really think the basement will look good once its all done and I can definitely say that the bulk of the work was done by the owners, rather than a contractor. (of course, if it looks like shit, I'll blame a contractor. *grin*)

No, I haven't forgotten about pictures. Time has been my enemy this week.

(Update: DW tells me that The Boy's feet are still rather sore so he's out for the parade this weekend and for extra drill. I offered to wake him at 5:30 anyway just to make sure he got the full, rich experience for the weekend and all that.....no takers, but I'll keep working at it.)

6 comments:

Kal said...

Wifeypooh is the best drywall spackley I know. I think it has something to do with her art background.

If you need her for a weekend, I'd be glad to send her up... I think I have a box big enough to mail her up in.

Mossy Stone said...

Dude, do you know what kind of duty I'd pay on a package like that? After all, Customs takes a really dim view of someone potentially cutting into the 'Wifeypooh' job market up here.

By the time she cleared customs we'd already be in our retirment condo.

Unless, of course, that was your plan all along...

Kal said...

heh heh.

Well... we could... trade?

Well, at least until the spackling is done...

Mossy Stone said...

Oh for the love of God, Montresor!

Kal: My toothbrush, sure. My Intrepid, maybe. But my DW? NEVER!! (Unless your name is Danikabur, then that's an entirely different conversation.)

Penny said...

Hang on, hang on... I need to know what Kal has planned for me if Wifeypooh and I switch. I mean, if it's a couple of weeks of rest, relaxation and pampering, I'll ship myself there.

Yes, Ma, I can spackle. I can also use power tools, brad-nailing guns and an air compressor. I can haul 10 sheets of drywall down the stairs (one at a time, of course) with Mossy and fill the 124 Avon orders for the choir's fundraiser almost at the same time.

I am woman. I can do everything...

...except pee standing up.

Kal said...

Pampering... Well, I didn't know you were into such stuff, but I'll give anything a try once...