Thursday, November 24

TAG: Tens, Fives and Ones

I know it sounds like a bad poker hand, but I've been tagged by my DW and by Duff.

10 Years ago I was: just moved in with my girlfriend (at the time) and working for a placement agency as a headhunter and not really doing very well at it.

5 years ago I was: recently promoted to a managers job at the corporate training centre, and about to split from the g/f above (mutually and amicably, I should add) and generally feeling like the world was my oyster.

1 year ago I was: Contemplating wedding plans and step-parentage and many other things.

Yesterday I was: Feeling work-frustrated but going home to my "happy place" doing some more reno work on the basement.

Five snacks I enjoy:

  1. Melba Toast & cheddar cheese
  2. Granny Smith Apples
  3. Biscuits
  4. Pretzels/Combos
  5. Shreddies right out of the box

Five songs to which I know all the lyrics:

  1. "Limelight" - RUSH
  2. "Hold On" - Triumph
  3. "Hanging By a Moment" - Lifehouse
  4. "If You Leave Me Now" - Chicago
  5. "I Was Made for Lovin You" - KISS

Five things I would do with $100 Million:

  1. Hire an accountant ;-)
  2. Salt away anough for DW & Me & kids
  3. Buy a plane and the lessons that go with it
  4. Fly wherever I wanted for travel
  5. Build and equip a totally kick-ass workshop

Five places to run away:

  1. Scotland
  2. Italy
  3. Canadian Rockies
  4. Caribbean
  5. Santorini

Five bad habits:

  1. Swear like a Sergeant
  2. Lack of tolerance (eg. no suffering of fools here)
  3. Nail biting
  4. Procrastination
  5. Blunt/direct (see #2 above)

Five things I would never wear:

  1. Baggy hip-hop clothing
  2. "Must-have" brands or excessive logos
  3. A warm-up suit for anything other than hockey coaching
  4. Speedo
  5. Thong/bikini underwear

Five favourite TV shows:

  1. Almost anything Star Trek
  2. Law & Order (but not Criminal Intent)
  3. M*A*S*H
  4. CSI
  5. Home Again/This Old House

Five biggest joys in my life:

  1. DW and the Wondertwins
  2. Reading
  3. Doing anything I didn't think I could do
  4. Learning
  5. Growing as a person

Five favourite toys: (toys? um, how about tools?)

  1. Band Saw
  2. Leatherman
  3. Cartridge driver
  4. Brad Nailer
  5. Router & Table

I'll tag dtrini :)

6 comments:

Penny said...

nicely done, hon. Didnt know that duff tagged you too. sorry about that.

Mossy Stone said...

No worries...I didn't notice until I read both blogs.

Gila Pyke said...

Too bad about the thong, tho. ;)

Penny said...

omg Gila, if he ever puts on a thong, I'll be sure to take a picture for you.

Mossy Stone said...

I can't believe DW and I were overlooked for our efforts to oust Recondo.

Dtrini said...

Done.