Tuesday, November 29

RIP Stan Berenstain

Another childhood staple has gone.

Stan was the co-creator of the "Berenstain Bears" book series. He and his wife, Jan, authored the books along with Ted Geisel (a.k.a. Dr. Seuss)

I remember reading those books until the covers practically fell off. What J.K. Rowling is doing for kids now, Stan, Jan, and Ted did for kids when I was young. The books got kids to read, and to learn while they were being entertained. The tales were timeless and just as fun to read today as they were 30+ years ago.

Their sons are carrying on the legacy...

4 comments:

Dirty Gypsy said...

My cousin had EVERY SINGLE ONE of those books. We read them constantly. Such a shame he's gone.

Dtrini said...

Love the books, not so much the cartoons, and the computer software TC grew up with. He will be missed.

Penny said...

Oooh I LOVED the Berenstain bears. My mother read them to me every night and then, when I was older, I read them to her every night. I used to know them by memory.

My kids loved them, too. I've got some of those and also the Dr. Seuss books in the basement, waiting for my grandchildren.

Mossy Stone said...

STEPH LIVES!!!