Tuesday, November 22

Hockey, Larry, Acid Reflux, and other tales

Its gonna be a nasty winter season if the recent forecast is any indication. Normally T.dot manages to escape the early onset and the current trend is that the flakes don't usually appear until the fat guy and his herd do their annual thing. I know that its winter and it's the Great White North, but hey...just because I experience the season doesn't mean I like it. The weather guessers tell me that I can expect not one, but two snowfalls this week.

This was definitely not in the brochure.

Shocking everyone, the Blue Meanies turned in a stellar performance last night. For my part I was pretty bored in the first period, facing exactly one shot on goal. However, the heat got turned up in the second and kept at a good simmer during the third. It was some furious forechecking and persistence that won the game. I just did my bit to keep us in it. A few goal mouth scrambles, one stopped breakaway and one very memorable stop off the top shaft of my stick just kept the team amused. For all the really shitty games I play, I occasionally get one like that to remind me why hockey is fun.

However, that same fun can't be said about my beloved Argos and their second-half collapse on Sunday. So much for a return trip to the Grey Cup... *sigh*

Speaking of poor suffering bastards, Larry has surfaced. Apparently he's been working his tail off and still managed to find himself on the outs with his boss. Go send some love and support his way, will ya?

If you're looking for a laugh at someone else's expense (C'mon.....I know you are, and don't try to tell em different) check out "Nobody Cares about Joe", a slightly Canadian-obsessed hockey fan in Ohio. Check out his story about a midget co-worker. Personally, I thought it had potential to be a successor to Digi's "FIB" tale with a little more creative effort.

For the life of me, I don't know why I do this to myself, but I really need to stop the late night "I had a late hockey game and can't sleep so I'll watch TV and nosh" thing. Got some wicked acid reflux this morning. *ugh* I'm definitely too old for this shit.

On the home reno front, inbetween trips for the boy's Cadet obligations tonight, I think I'll get started on laying out and cutting some of the steel studs for the remaining basement walls. I should be able to get *some* of that work done easily, especially because the cutting of the studs is such a breeze. (There's a joke in there somewhere, I just know it.) I just have to figure out how to work around the ducting.....but I do love a challenge. I'll save the wiring of that damned outlet for later. I'm not brave enough to tackle the breaker box yet.

2 comments:

something said...

Hey thanks for the shout-out!

Know what gives me acid-reflux? Looking at all of the blue jackets tickets I had bought and still have to use!

Mossy Stone said...

From what I've seen, you're better off not watching the games. The Jackets really stink without Nash.