Monday, May 8

A better morning

I have to say that last week really sucked rocks (professionally speaking.)

This week, however seems to be much the opposite and I *finally* got some of the feedback and contact and info I was looking for. *applause*

It was a busy, busy weekend with my DW stuck at work and The Girl laid out sick and The Boy needing to be picked up & dropped off at various Cadet things AND my performance looming on Sunday.

Friday night was highlighted by an overflowing toilet in the kids' bathroom at 9PM-ish and I thanked my lucky stars for having the foresight to purchase a wet-dry Shop-Vac. Cuz that's how everyone wants to spend their Friday night, right?

DW and I managed to get out for dinner Saturday night with one of her good friends and her husband. We had a great time, as usual, but when we got home my stomach started sending "fuck you!" messages. I wasn't sure of it was something I ate or whether I had just over-eaten. Maybe the 3 Stongbow ciders didn't help. My head was absolutely pounding. I couldn't tell if I was going to be sick or not. Even with 3 ibuprofen I kept begging for someone to cut off my head (from the eyebrows up would suffice) but got no takers. I thought I was gonna hurl, and then not and then back again. Needless to say I felt absolutely dreadful and its been quite some time since I felt oogey like that.

Defying logic I managed to get some sleep and feel a little better on Sunday AM. I had to drop The Boy off at a parade and then get to my Dad's temple for the big service. I survived the performance, although my stage presence after a 20 year layoff wasn't quite what it should have been. I mangled the opening piece, but settled into it about halfway through. I wound up having to sight-read one of the hymns, but I lucked out because it was Beethoven's Ode To Joy. Just about anyone can fake that. Dad took me for brunch afterwards as a small thank-you and then he wound up back at my place to take advantage of my Shop-Vac. We ran to Canadian Tire to search for a replacement spark plug and air filter for the Lawn-Mower-from-Hell. (got the plug, struck out on a new filter...my curse for having the most popular model of engine) After receving a "hey, you wanna...?" text message from Penny, I managed to convince Dad to take the kids for an icecream run. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* (life is good sometimes)

We picked up a DVD for the kidlets and some DaVinci Code-inspired documentaries for us to enjoy to wrap up Sunday night.

So here I sit, close to lunch hour...watching life go by with a bit of a smile on my face.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Dirty Gypsy said...

I hope she's talking about your performance at the temple, Mossy...

:)

Mossy Stone said...

For some reason a whole bunch of "twig & berries" comments are coming to mind, but discretion says I should just leave them all alone.

Actually, MD, the Sally Ann does a rotten tomato check at the door so I was safe.