Friday, May 12

The Jinx is in!

So much for the Sens getting swept 4-straight after my previous prediction of a Buffalo sweep. I guess I'll take some solace in the fact that Ottawa might get knocked out at home.

Yes, dear reader, Friday is Jinx day. Its a lovely day today and I'm taking a chance that the rain will show up in the afternoon, justifying my decision not to ride this morning. However, if its still dry when I get home, I'm definitely going for a ride.

"But Mossy," you say, "this post looks suspiciously like a mobile blog!"

Right you are, my careful-eyed reviewer! I'm blogging en route because I foolishly left my laptop in Stand-by mode last night and totally forgot about it. Dead battery means no Babylon 5 episode on the way in. As I was getting my stuff together in the bedroom I was debating bringing one of my techno-thrillers with me to read today, but I thought, 'naaah....I've got the DVD, so I might as well watch it.'

"Silly Mossy! You really need to listen for fate giggling in the background when you say stuff like that."

Right you are, reader! You're in solid ironic observational form today, I see.

On a positive note, because I can see you're anxious to know, my fundraising for the Ride for Heart is going well. I was a little concerned that I might not be able to raise much, but I'm doing much better than I thought - courtesy of a couple of generous online donations and the willingness of my colleagues to part with their cash. Apparently you can win some nice prizes for certain levels of fundraising, which is kinda cool. I wonder if I could be setting a dangerous precedent, though? I'm sometimes one of those "first time lucky" kind of guys, although its a rare enough occurrence that I still enjoy it when it happens. Just my luck I would enter next year and be lucky to cobble together a couple of loonies and a subway token.

"Oh Moss-man, don't be like that."

Hey, you chose the read so enjoy the ride. Besides, isn't self-deprecation one of my charms?

5 comments:

Penny said...

hey! Quit jinxing us, will ya? We got you to the train all right. I made it home all right. The cars work, the house hasn't burnt down, we're all healthy...

SO SHUSH!!!

Mossy Stone said...

yes, dear

Penny said...

shmart man! :P

HannoverFist said...

Been a while since I've popped in here... I like the plain layout. Good luck on the peddling!!

Mossy Stone said...

Hey, HF! Thanks for the visit and the kudos. That reminds me that I haven't been over to your place in a while either...

~shame~