Tuesday, May 2

A little late, but...

I'm posting my birthday blog.

Yes, the Stony One gathered a little more moss this past weekend. To butcher another analogy, If you cut me open you could count 38 rings.

Yep That's right. 38.

Less than 2 years to 40 now.

Oh gawd...

*giving head a shake*

Forty, shmorty. Who cares? I don't look my age and biff knows I don't act it. (I even have the Meme to prove it) So, the age becomes another number. It just means that I have to replace my drivers' license next year, that's all.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend. The weather was lovely and my in-laws brought over some monster steaks for us (read: The Stony One) to BBQ. The Dad came over as well and we gorged ourselves silly.

Penny had a last-minute change of direction with her gift buying (she had already thrown a couple of ideas at me) and got me a sizeable gift card for Home Despot, complete with a note saying "for sawdust purposes only". That means I get to use it for my own woodworking projects, not for household reno.

There were a few other small monetary offerings (all well received, of course) however, the topper was from the Wondertwins. Apparently they came up with this idea all on their own. Who knew I was getting promoted?

From this:
#1 StepDad Hat





To this:
Millenium StepDad









What can I say? It's a gift....

8 comments:

Penny said...

That's my honey!!!

Dirty Gypsy said...

Wow - that's a hell of a promotion! :) Congratulations!

I'm glad to hear that you had such a great weekend.

I left you a SOFTBALL of a present on my blog, yet you've remained silent... :)

Callie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Mossy!!!!

Mossy Stone said...

Steph: I know I owe you a comment for that, but I admit I was expecting something more hardball.

Thanks to one and all for the good wishes. :)

Erika said...

Happy 3-8. Just remember the most important thing is that you will always be older than me.

Dirty Gypsy said...

Why, Mossy, whatever do you mean?? I am a lady, thankyouverymuch.

*bats eyelashes, polishes halo*

Kal said...

(oh, and by the way... you're older than me too... BWA HA HA)

Mossy Stone said...

Kal: This is true, but *I* have a millennium rating. Do you?