Wednesday, May 24

Jour de Hump

I have a random assortment of thoughts for you today.

I always knew that Punters and Placekickers were kind of a weird breed...somewhat like goalies are. Take Duncan O'Mahony. Signed a contract with Winnipeg as their new kicker after 2 mediocre seasons in BC. Leaves home in Abbotsford to Winnipeg, via Calgary. Supposed to meet a friend for dinner at the Airport and then catch a plane to Winnipeg.

He misses dinner. He never makes the plane to Winnipeg. He gets paged twice with no answer, so they offload his bags and the plane takes off.

No Duncan. AWOL. MIA. Without a trace, and all that.

Football team has no idea where he is, and training camp has started.

Well, some 68 hours later, his family reports that he's been located, he's safe, and that "they request privacy to bring the issue to a close."

While this guy is known for being a bit of a free spirit, I can't see someone sabotaging his sports career with a disappearing stunt like that one. Of course, there is Ricky Williams...

****
Item two on the ol' hit parade was going to be me moaning and bitching that I was likely to be incommunicado from Penny because her cell phone needed charging. We tend to be SMS-ing or MSN-ing back and forth all day long. So she was off to work with no cell phone. However, smart girl that she is, she took her charger so all is well now. :)

****
Whatever happened to Digitalicat?? I figured he would be back at some point, but I figured wrong. Too bad, really. (see edit note)

****

Woke up this morning and thought it was Thursday.

****
The Edmonton Oilers are just one win away from making it to the Stanley Cup final for the first time in 16 years. Of course, fans in Edmonton should be a little worried about their team blowing a 4 goal lead in the 3rd period before squeaking out their 5-4 win last night.
****
Would love to know what's making the weird noise in the rear wheel of my bike. Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home tonight.
****
Why do some women insist on marinating in their perfume? I nearly suffocated in the elevator this morning when this rather ragged-looking 50-something blonde got on this morning. *choke*
Okay, I think that's all....digest away!
(Edit: Fans of the late, lamented Digitalicat will indeed appreciate Joefish. I've added him to the blogroll as "Eat at Joe's")

2 comments:

Callie said...

Hey Mossy - have you ever gone to Joefish's site. If you liked Digi, you'll like Joe.

;-)

Mossy Stone said...

I'm always up for a new read so I'll give him a try. Thanks :)