Tuesday, May 30

I was going to blog yesterday

I really was. Honest.

But it was too *&^%$#<~! hot. Hot. Sweltering. In freakin' MAY! It hit 34C. That's not including the humidex.

And, just to add to the joy, the Toronto Transit Commission's maintenance workers decided to protest some shift changes by walking off the job at around oh-dark thirty Monday AM. The Drivers and other Operators, not wishing to cross their picket lines, were unable to work.

So the whole damn TTC was shut down.

On the hottest day of the year so far.

On a Monday morning.

Did I mention that it was hot?


Technorati Tag:

2 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

Today is the last day of the heat wave for the next little while, but its still nasty.

Dtrini said...

And relying on someone else for my travel time is exactly why I sacrifice the expense to enjoy the freedom of driving my damn self.