Tuesday, May 9

Big wheels keep on turnin'

...Proud Mossy keep on....(bikin'?)
Rollin'
Rollin'
Rollin' to the GO Train....

Yes, sports fans, today was the first bike ride of the season to the GO train. I know I could have been out sooner, but those 6:45AM temperatures are a little on the low side for the Stony one's comfort and happiness. Normally this event is cause for more quiet celebration and reflection, but (in what DW would probably classify as a moment of weakness) I have signed up for the Heart & Stroke Ride for Heart on June 4. One of the higher ups here at the office decided to put together a corporate team and I jumped on board. Keeping a small measure of sanity I elected NOT to do the 50km or the 75km ride..I'm just on for the 25km trek. The advantage of the 'shorter' route is that we start around 7:15AM and then I can be home and recovering by noon or shortly afterwards.

(As a side note, anyone wanting to sponsor me can do so by clicking this link and using the secure online payment option. Tax receipts available for Canadians, but all donations gratefully received.)

I'm sure there was more I wanted to talk about, but this will do for the moment.

No comments: