Monday, May 22

I'm bored, too

I'm sitting here, to Penny's immediate left. While my kidneys are not acting with the same sense of urgency I can safely say that if there was a tree nearby, I would have been bored out of it long ago.

Back around 2PM, they say? There's a difference between "approximately" 2PM and "holy fucking late, Batman!". I'm scanning the skies for the bat symbol as we speak.

Bored.

Bored, bored, bored.

Borini, boridi, borici. (I came, I saw, I bored)

*long exhale*

Um, guess I can do my own weekend update while Penny staves off the "gotta pee dance" in the passenger seat.

I worked wood this weekend. My drill press table looks pretty good and I've even christened it inbetween glue-ups I did get part of the lawn mowed before the verdamnt mower gave up the ghost yet again. Fortunately it was the front part which got finished. The back still looks like something that Stanley should be trekking through while looking for Livingsgtone. Must do something about that...

2:42. *sheesh* Timeliness isn't exactly a strong suit with the folks who run this particular corps.

Heck, we've even had time to get rid of some of the accumulated crap in the car. (No, that didn't take 45 mins). I got out my Armor-all wipes and did the dashboard. Found my molding and trim tape to fix the loose end of the ventshade on my window.

Checked the oil...a bit low. Must top up at home.

Checked the transmission fluid. All good there.

*sigh*

Now what?

*tap fingers on blackberry*

(We pause for a moment....Taking Penny to go pee before she has a breakdown. )

Shit. Now I gotta go too. ~fume~

Wonder where the bus is? Wonder where the lions are? If a Mossy pees in a forest, will anybody hear? if I had a ... No, never mind. I don't like Bruce Cockburn that much.

(News flash: called the Corps brain trust on a cell phone. Apparently the 2PM pickup time was incorrect, it was closer to 4PM. Me? So not impressed. Neither were the other parents in the lot when I passed that along. )

So here I am, back in the lot at the revised time. Kids? No sign.

*edit: Kids arrived shortly afterwards*

1 comment:

duff said...

doing the dance in the car?

i hadn't realized penny was so talented.

yet another reason why i want to be her when i grow up.....