Friday, March 25

(Good?) Friday

My darling wife and I really know how to celebrate the Easter holiday.

What did we do?

WE CLEANED!!!

We are kid-less for the bulk of the weekend because the kids are with their father. Now, normally, this would be an opportunity for us to go and have some "adult time" but we recognized that the house really needed a good "top to bottom."

DW and I have similar views on cleaning. We recognize it as an evil necessity, but a necessity nonetheless. We don't live in squalour by any means, but we're not exactly neat freaks. A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind, etc., etc. However, we figured that since the kids weren't back until Sunday, if we spent a few hours doing stuff, we'd really feel better about it. Yet another sign of peace and harmony is that we actually have preferences for which acts of cleaning we prefer. I'm good at being Mr. Un-clutter, and she follows me with the vacuum. I disassemble and clean the fridge and she washes the walls. (See? It's all about balance.)

A few hours later, the Stone house is nice and tidy and we even gave ourselves a little reward by going out to catch a movie.

On the down side, I'm still not feeling any better and I wish whatever virus I've contracted would make up its mind which system it would like to reside in for its short lifespan. It seems to be tossing a coin between inflaming my tonsils and filling my sinuses. The bookmakers in Vegas are giving it pretty even odds either way.

Off to go snuggle DW in front of the TV. Later.

No comments: