Friday, March 18

Phrenetic Phonetic Phriday

Writer's block. I hate it. Absolutely hate it. I know this is not exactly news to anyone who has to generate words for a living (or even out of necessity) but to me there's little more out there that could generate this level of frustration. Well, on a professional level, at least.

The saga returns to the education strategy document I have to write. I *finally* convinced our consultants that I needed more help than they could provide (small victory) and they said that if they genuinely couldn't find someone to assist me, they'd step out of the way (bigger victory.) Unless they actually find someone to assist me, I'm probably on my own. Why, you ask? Of the two outside consulting firms I contacted about assistance, one of them decided not to submit a proposal because they felt it was outside their sphere of expertise, and the other submitted a proposal that was rather costly for the effort.

There's a dam in my brain holding back a veritable flood of words and details. Of course, the problem is that I don't know where to start writing again. Every time I look at this document I see more ideas...I can pattern them out in my head, but I can't get the one fucking synapse needed to fire so I can get the damned stuff onto paper. ~fume~ I swear, I need someone to lift the lid off the jar holding my brain, dip a ladle into the soup and scoop something out. (how's that for a twisted metaphor?)

For? For what? For me? For Queen & Country? For-get? For sooth? Sooth? WTF is that? Some kind of literary dental impediment? Sediment? Yep...words like sludge. All indistinguishable and clogging up some cognitive artery. I need a dredge. The channel is silting. Speaking of channels, I watched "the l-word" on Showcase/Bravo/whatever. 2 observations: i) Women in same-sex relationships can make bone-head decisions that you'd see in any hetero relationship. ii) Bette is a taller-thinner look-alike for an ex-gf of mine.

Good grief: look at that paragraph. Such spew. Such drivel. Good grief? I feel like Charlie Brown trying to fly his kite again. Watch out for that tree!!!

1 comment:

Mossy Stone said...

Coffee...heavily laced with Bailey's, please. Or, Hot Choc with Amaretto.

Or just some friggin' perspective on this thing.