Monday, March 7

Vaya Con Dios, Average Joe

A bit of a sad blog discovery this morning. One of my favourite and oft-quoted reads is offline. Average Joe was the blog of a 40-something not-quite-so-happily married guy in SoCal. He had been diagnosed with clinical depression, but he was one of the more frank and articulate writers I experienced in the blog-iverse. I'm still not sure what happened but maybe he'll respond to my email. I do know through one of my contacts that he pulled his site, but no reason has been made public yet. I know his site was very well-visited so I suspect that he's overwhelmed with email. I admired him for his openness and his keen wit.

I would have hoisted a beer with him any day.

1 comment:

M said...

Was it Deep Throat that said "Follow the money"?

Or, Kevin Coster in Field of Dreams who kept hearing "If you build it, they will come"?

http://johnquepublic.blogspot.com