Tuesday, March 1

Where's Bill Murray when you need him?

The damn groundhog LIED! Early spring, my ass.

As much as I love my country, I hate the winter weather that goes along with it. In my little corner of the world, winter is best defined as a series of snowy dumps that envelop the city in late Feb and early March. Despite the fact that this is an annual occurrence, otherwise intelligent, capable people are transformed into the fodder that my pal, Dtrini, uses for his "Daily Idiot" series of vehicular escapades once the white stuff starts to fall. I won't tread on his turf with respect to the rants, but he and I are brothers-in-arms where some of these auto-bound fuckwits are concerned.

For a Tuesday it sure feels like a Monday. I'm tired from last night's hockey game (lost a 3-2 heartbreaker) and I managed to lose the battle with the snooze bar this morning. I also managed to forget an important thingy for my laptop so I had to borrow one from the propeller heads in IT.

About half the department isn't in today from a mix of illness, vacation and weather. Sure makes it challenging to get stuff done.

Speaking of which, I have to go yell at some consultants so I can get my own stuff done.

More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Well, I was going to brag about our nice Texas weather, but I see it's only 44 degrees/F here today. Supposed to be 60 deg/f. Very warm. So sorry you are stuck in the snow and cold.

Now, wait, maybe I'm not...

Kristin said...

I will make sure to rub it in... +12 C, no snow, sun shining, gorgeous.. and its to continue :-) *beam*
*running for cover*