Thursday, March 24

I've got them right where they want me

Its a rare thing when I can identify with Arnie, but I feel a bit like "Kindergarten Cop" today.

Despite the fact that I'm getting sick, I'm out as a parental volunteer for The Girl today when they do an activity called "Scientist in The School". The so-called scientist has obviously got a few miles on her for this gig...she goes from school to school in the region doing this shtick. I dunno if this is a sign of decreased budgets for science class education, but it was an interesting concept anyway.

There were all sorts of activities for the kidlets, including: examining bones, checking lung capacity, checking heart rates and building a kidney. I got the kidney. I now feel completely confident, that if the world goes arse-over-tit and my darling wife goes into renal failure, I can build her a kidney. Of course, that presumes that I remembered to bring funnels, tubing and coffee filters in my survival pack.

Heck of a way to spend a morning.

4 comments:

Penny said...

I've done the Scientist in the School too...I had the unabashed pleasure and right to go army sergeant all over the arses of seven "problem" grade 5 boys under the pretense of testing their heartrate after they had "exercised hard" for three minutes.

THAT was fun. But I think my son has been told his Mom's a Nazi.

Mossy Stone said...

Well, as long as she has the boots to go with the outfit, who cares about her politics?

Mossy Stone said...

I hate it when you confuse the issue with facts...

Dtrini said...

Oh, please do not confuse MS; he is impossible to deal with the rest of the week when you do that.