Monday, April 4

The Day after Yesterday - Is that another Dennis Quaid movie?

*ugh*

Unpacking.

I genuinely hate moving. I really do. When my DW and I got under the same roof on a permanent basis last year, I loathed the move process. Not the move itself, mind you, just the moving process. I'd been in the same apartment for 7 years, so I had put down more than a few roots...so the packing, sorting and culling were arduous.

No less so with my office move. I've been here 9 months and I've collected a staggering amount of stuff. So this morning is spent sorting and culling paper and tossing/shredding the stuff I don't need.

There have got to be better ways to spend a Monday.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Hmmm, better ways to spend a Monday than moving:
1. Coffee with friends
2. Curled up with a good book
3. Having sex
4. Building a throne
5. Playing in the dirt
6. Talking about sex
7. Wandering around outside
8. Shoe shopping
9. Blowing soap bubbles and imagining great sex.
10. Learning a foreign language

Not better ways to spend a Monday than moving:
1. Waxing body hair
2. Cleaning public bathrooms
3. Having car trouble
4. Getting tested for STDs
5. Bleeding
6. Spending the day with stupid people who you drive you crazy
7. Going to the dentist
8. Having your tax return audited
9. Waiting for the cable guy
10. Having a tattoo removed

I have no idea why I decided it was necessary to write those lists, but now that it's done, I'm leaving it.
I hope you're very comfortable in your new space.

Dtrini said...

I keep accumulating crap in my office and home moves. I am almost three years in this house and there are many boxes that have never been opened. I hope to know two to three months prior to our next move so we can pack what is unpacked, open what is still packed and sell or give away the stuff we have never used, don't need, should not keep or is worth more to someone else.