Friday, April 1

Office Moves

There are fewer brutal experiences than an office move. More importantly, an office move where you're just doing a cubicle swap, as opposed to changing buildings.

We've been in the middle of expansions and renovations and stuff, so of course we have to change EVERYTHING. Walls have come down, new cable run, new phones, new offices going up...in other words, it's basically a goat fuck.

So I'm sitting here in a bare-ass cubicle, waiting for the end of day so I can pack up the last of the computer stuff and get some of it moved to another cube. 2 pods down. Sheesh.

Of course, the bulk of the people on my floor have already been through this madness, so my team and most of the folks in my immediate area are pretty much the last bunch to move.

Its an interesting exercise in humanity. There were a couple of cubicle occupiers who are working at another location today, so that means some poor bastard has to clean out their space. Jayzus. Some of these people are pigs. Some of them are food hogs. I can't believe we don't have mice. End result: The day is pretty much a write-off. Monday should be, as well.

Can I go home now?

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Yuk! That kind of mundane crap makes me tired to just think about.

I hope Monday is better.

Mossy Stone said...

I'm tossing chickens into the volcano as we speak.

Dtrini said...

I like the breast and thighs. Save some for me.