Wednesday, April 6

~Whew!~

What a day.

There's nothing quite like the rush of a really good learning experience to fire me up. Its almos like an epiphany moment: you sit and think, "omg this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing." Perhaps that's a challenging concept for some but that's really how I feel.

Let's trip down memory lane for a moment, shall we? Have you ever had one of those moments when you're jus "in the zone"? (No, you perverts...in this case it doesn't mean that you've got a good shaggin' rhythm happening...that's another kind of "zone". *wink*) I remember where I was when I realized I needed to get into corporate education. I also remember (with vivid clarity) when I got caught in a round of staff cuts by my corporate training employer. It was decision time: stay the path, or re-tool for something else? I made the decision to stay the course. I remember the rush I felt and the momentum when I was doing my Certificate program. If they'd dropped me into a Masters' slot right away, I would have gone for it without even blinking.

I have to say, today's session was good. Despite the chaos caused by the academics in the crowd, I enjoyed it. The academic folks often have trouble relating to "real world" challenges, concepts and constrains. However, there was lots of good content for us business folks. What really helped me was that even though a lot of the stuff on Day 1 was review, it helped to reinforce that the things I've figured out on my own...well, they're right...I'm on the right path. And the new stuff I've learned helps to fill in the gaps.

Pretty good learning day, all things considered.

No comments: