Thursday, April 28

Thursday Ramble

Yeah, it's Thursday.

Now that I've stated the obvious, what do I do with it?

Thursday. Thursday. Thor's Day. Big nasty viking god with a hammer. Probably knows Sven. Bet he really knew how to party.

Thursday. 2 work days until I get a break for a week. A week in the sun. Raisins in the sun. I don't wanna be a raisin. But I do want to be in the sun. Sunning myself? Not deliberately. Enjoying myself? Hopefully. No, definitely. I'm hoping to tell people what "snuba" means when I return.

Returning to some semblance of relaxation. Hmmm...relaxation. No concept of that yet. Not with work ahead. Road work ahead. (Huh? That's now what I was going to write...)


I wonder if the Free Writer will mind that I'm shamelessly aping his style here. Maybe if I do this some of these random thoughts won't be clogging my brain. Good thing I don't do this often. Its just what I need to do sometimes.

Lee Valley rocks.

The woman sitting across from me on the train has a head too large for her body. Or does she have. Body too small for her noggin? Something to think about.

I saw this girl the other day. She was wearing too-tight jeans, a pink baby tee underneath a black lace camisole. She looked like a five foot tall licorice allsort. Who knew it was humanly possible?

Fuck, are we *there* yet? I just wanna get to work and get my stuff done. Although I foresee a parade of dumb bunnies and asshats (thanks, Cricket) in and out of my cube. I wonder if one of my staffers has *ever* seen anything that she didn't immediately critique? Cuz she hasn't demonstrated it at work. *sigh*

This train ride passes slowly. Or am I just typing fast? Does using two thumbs really count as typing? Bi-digital text input? Input...offered too frequently and often unsolicited.

Ever had someone sitting beside you on a train/bus/subway/whatever who was wearing headphones and you can hear their music? Usually its some bass-heavy hip-hop/rap shit or some kind of incessant techno noise. Not the person beside me. Nope. "Eagles: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1". Finally some spill-over worth listening to.

Stupid train, slowing to crawl. Same spot. Every day this week. Asshats.

I definitely need a coffe/tea. Not as much as I needed the Screwdriver I mixed up for me (and one for my DW) last night. Very tasty with SKYY Vanilla Vodka.

Mmmmmm. Tasty.

Babble over. Back to Ivan Denisovich.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Ooookay, who fed my husband the hash brownies this morning??

Dtrini said...

Not sure PS, but he is a stingy bastard because none of us were given any. And what is the problem with music that has a beat? Sucks to play music at upper registers that only dogs, cats and drug-addled folks can hear.

Give me a PHAT beat that you can feel at the corner one hundred meteres before I get there. Something I can groove to on the highway so I can smoothly navigate the idiots on the road.

Just wait until I get the used vehicle and work some minor magic on the audio.

Penny said...

I'm with you, Dtrini. I love music that makes me want to get up and groove all over a dancefloor. The "phatter" the bass, the more I love the song.

When Mossy's home, I spare him by listening to my mp3 player. I'm sure it looks like I'm either having a seizure or getting electrocuted, but man, do I love to dance!! And, as the saying goes, I dance as if no one's watching...