Sunday, April 3

Weekend Madness

While I can't speak for my DW, I know that I will be glad when the weekend finally ends. The weekend has been pretty busy with both of the Wondertwins having overlapping commitments, to say nothing of the things DW and I had to do around all of that.

My DW, unfortunately, is fighting a bug. (DW sends her regards to the readers at large...she's simply too wiped to type.) Its probably the one that has made its way through the house. Hell, even Psycho Kitty has been sick. Add to this 2 kids cooped up in the house because of brutal weather and its a tempest in a two-storey teapot. If this is any kind of indication, I didn't even have the energy or the interest to blog until right now.

The Girl has had 2 choir performances (Friday night and Sunday aft/eve) and The Boy has wrapped up his hockey season with a 2-game series (Sat & Sun.) I had to miss my own playoff game this evening because I simply couldn't make it. *sigh*

We're collectively stressed out and the kids are a handful when they're cooped up. They get at each other like cats & dogs. Of course, our favourite refrain from them is, "I'm bored...there's nothing to do." These are the same children who have lots of books & activites, a video game system, a TV, etc. downstairs... While I can't confirm it, I think this is kid-code for "Entertain me because I'm not interested in doing it myself." I do what I can to not go all Drill Sergeant on their little asses because I didn't have a lot of that kind of stuff when I was a kid. 2-3 channels on TV, no video games, not a lot of other kids around because of where we lived. Nope, it was books, Lego, models, musical instruments, or nuthin'. We knew better than to express our level of boredom because that would immediately result in some kind of household chore.

So, DW is going out (justifiably reluctantly) to her last kid-related event (kid choir exec meeting) and I have to two of them for the balance of the night. The Boy has homework, so that will have to get finished. If you hear something strange over CNN Headline News about a volcano erupting in Southern Ontario, you'll know that I've spontaneously combusted. *grin*

Saving grace: Ex picks up kids from school Monday.

Update: 4 April. Apparently we *do* have the kidlets tonight, just to cap off the weekend's insanity. DW has a meeting out and The Girl has, yep, her choir practice. So I get to to drop-off and pick-up. *sigh*

2 comments:

Mossy Stone said...

Holy crap, Kat...I had no idea. That's quite the brood to get involved with.

So when are you gonna blog again?

Dtrini said...

Blended is quite the norm in these modern times. I have a 13 yr old (going on 30) from my first marriage (long story to be blogged or written in a book or as a stage tragedy one day). Family dynamics are always an interesting balance between "you are always special" and "you will obey and respect her".

Minus the interference of my ex-wife and her family, I have to say it has gone better than I hoped. TC calls DW "mom" and there is a genuine love from TC. DW has fellings for TC, as we all know that love is not something you force but needs to be nutured.

Anyhow, my best advice is to always keep in mind that this is "your" family no matter how you came by getting it. When you project that, everyone else will start to see nothing else. :)

Enjoy it.