Friday, April 15

Mumblings and Bumblings (bring your own breadcrumbs)

I'm so fucking jealous of one of my co-workers: she's starting flight training. Thanks so much barry cohen, you spineless little weasel. I wanted to fly...okay to learn to fly a plane in the absence of actually either flapping my arms and defying gravity or hurling myself at the earth and being unsuccesful in the attempt. Of course. There's always the chance that I'm not a natural pilot and I dunno how I'd deal with that. Bad piloting skills don't make for long careers in the air. At least if I have a bad day in goal I've got defencemen to back me up and I can always come back and play another game. Flying isn't so forgiving.

Fears...read some interesting thoughts on fears...fear of committment is really a fear of success? The Daily Inbox seems to think so. Is everyone so afraid of success? If we're so afraid of success does that mean we're in denial when it happens? Doesn't this fear really translate as a fear of the unknown?

Speaking of unknowns, Cricket wants to be an honorary Canadian. I say we cover her in maple syrup, shine a bright light in her face and grill her for definitions of things like the rouge, the extra Defensive Back, forechecking, tag-up offsides, chesterfields, poutine, Farley Mowat, Tom Longboat, appointed senates, and multi-party parliaments. If she passes, she's in. Otherwise she takes her rack and gams back to Pecan Country. She may be eligible for bonus points if she can generate a constructivist essay on the socio-political impact of Bob and Doug McKenzie on Canada-US relations.

Is it possible to sprain a thumb using a Blackberry?

I have some totally boffo ideas for our e-learning development and I really hope I can pull them off, cuz holy fuck does it take a long time to develop content.

Boffo...love that term.

Google rescued my ass from sheer boredom 6-7 times this week. I love reading historical fiction and.then googling for the facts...fucking brilliant.

Monty Python: you guys rock. You're comedic gods. I could watch that stuff again and again.

9 comments:

Stephen said...

questions posted :)

Stephen said...

Maybe we should just stop at the covering her in maple syrup part and then see what happens :P

Penny said...

Okay, of the 10 things you want to grill Cricket on, I can only answer 4 of them. Does this mean I have to turn in my Canadian Passport? :oS

Mossy Stone said...

Penny, it just means you'll need some extra tutoring from the social studies professor. ;-)

Mossy Stone said...

Cricket, if you'll read the fine print of your Citizenship agreement, you'll note the terms "COD" in the payment section. That translates as "Citizenship On Debriefing." SO, get those briefs off and let's continue, shall we?

Stephen said...

Cricket: what happens depends if I'm hungry or not, and what type of hunger it is :)

Mossy Stone said...

Careful, FW...you might be biting off more than you can chew (do with that what you will)

Dtrini said...

*speechless* :-O

Kristin said...

Since I'm Canadian, and she's my sister whom I was separated at birth from, she's already Canadian. So ner ;-)
But I also think she ought to have to drink a 6 of Labatt's 50 *shudder*, be screeched in *double shudder* and learn how to say 'eh' after every sentence.

Btw, I'm home ;-)