Sunday, June 19

Diagnosis: Murdered Abs

I didn't get better in that 3 hour window and so, as promised/threatened/avowed by my DW, we trekked off to the hospital to get me checked out.

Truth be told, I was a little concerned. This thing wasn't getting better and it wasn't easy to breathe properly and all that stuff. Not a good sign at all.

So after prepping ourselves for a lengthy stay in the ER (novels, snacks, water, DWjs knitting,) we were seen in record time. After a few pokes and prods, the Doc confirmed my suspicions; it was indeed a pulled ab muscle. He scrawled out a scrip for me and I have some lovely anti-inflammatory happy pills. His advice was to take it easy for a few days. Unfortunately, even I'm not too dense to realize this means no hockey for Skippy.

(Of course, as I enter this via the crackberry, my DW felt this was the ideal moment to test my focus by ticking my nipples. I know. TMI. Tough noogies.)

So it's a sick day for me tomorrow so I can give my abs some healing time by staying horizontal for most of the day.

Stay tuned for more updates, loyal readers (yes, all four of you.)

6 comments:

Callie said...

Just have Penny do you a 'favor'. No work on your part, all of the benefit. Just gots to make sure you don't tense up, cuz that'll murder you.

Hope you get to feeling better! Sucky dad's day, tho.

duff said...

staying horizontal all day, eh? i'm sure penny would be okay with that.

Larry said...

yeah me too

Penny said...

Sorry, guys, he's been benched until this gets better.

Dirty Gypsy said...

Mossy, I sure hope you get the rest that you need. That sounds painful.

On the other hand, I could not stop laughing when I read the part of your post about your DW 'tickling your nipples', because I thought, "Oh, nickel tippling??" and then I couldn't say "nipple tickling" correctly after that. I tried. It's hopeless...

Dtrini said...

As a good friend loves to say, Suck It Up Buttercup!

I have had the same type injury and pain for several weeks now. I could not walk, talk, laugh, roll, sneeze, cough or bend without hurting myself.

Add to that a serious head cold and allergies and I kept re-injuring myself with every sneeze and jerk. I am in fact still hurting and still take caution to allow it to continue to heal on its own. The rib area is such a strange spot that you do not realize just how long it takes that area to heal until you do something stupid and re-injure it.

BTW, shagging does NOT re-injure you. So get to it baby! Do you feel randy, well do ya?