Thursday, June 9

Sleepy Stuff

I'm a little zonked but basically conscious. I'm not sure it's a good idea to be blogging before 7AM.

My DW and I are leaving this afternoon for Halifax on the long-awaited "Honeymoon: Part II." Granted, it will be a brief trip, but a welcome one nonetheless.

We've been trying to get away to Halifax for a couple of years now, DW and I. We never seemed to get our schedules matched, or work coordinated, or money available...all that kind of shit. She lived there when her ex, (hereafter known as "Organic Cop") was posted there, but I've never been. The perfect opportunity cropped up when we heard that the CFL was planning to hold one of their pre-season games somewhere on the East Coast. Once the Halifax date was announced, we got excited, and when they said that they'd send the Argos and the Ti-Cats, it was a done deal.

So, the Wondertwins are taken care of for this extra-long weekend, the cat's covered, and DW and I are spending basically a half-day working and then we head out to the Airport.

Frankly, I can use the decompress time, even briefly. And getting to see Halifax and all of its history and sights is definitely something I'm looking forward to. We've got a little surprise planned for Free Writer while we're there, and we're really hoping he enjoys it. *grin*

~yawn~ Must go find tea and a bagel, not necessarily in that order.