Monday, June 13

Mad Dogs and Englishmen

Its some kind of hot, today. Damn hot. REAL hot.

I'd say that if anyone was looking for a definition of "sweltering", they'd look at a weather and air quality map of Toronto today.

Its humid and muggy and energy-draining, and I feel moist. And NOT the kind of moist that I like.

Of course, my co-worker, (ex-pat Brit, hereafter known as "Big Guy") and I are stuck on an exceedingly crowded train with no apparent A\C. The traveller standing next to me didn't use Dial, if you catch my drift. Can you say, "ew"?

I can't wait to get home and get in front of a vent blowing that nice conditioned air.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Dtrini said...

The apparent lack of use of any sort of anti-perperant (and ladies, I do not mean perfume fumagating cover-up), plus the lack of comprehension of the word "courtesy" are the reasons I LOATHE riding public transit. I like my own, twisted thoughts flowing freely to Mix 99.9's Humble 'N Fred in the morning and Flow 93.5's Starting From Scratch drive home mix show on the way home (whenever I drag myself into an office, that is).

As you know, I hate people, so having peple all around me is sort of like Howard Hughes and germs (it was him right?). Besides, I live on the cattle run side of things (Kennedy line, majority of blue-collar, sweaty worker types). If I want that kind of smeel everyday, I will move downwind of the Metro Zoo.