Tuesday, June 7

How you Feelin'? Hot! Hot! Hot!

I'd never want to be reincarnated as a piece of unfinished pottery, because my local transit authority is giving me a first hand look at what life is like inside a kiln.

Apparently, what passes for Air Conditioning on this rolling shit-heap (manufactures some time shortly after the invention of the wheel) are open windows and roof vents. Oh yeah, those open windows are the itty-bitty ones running along the top of the window...not down where anyone could actually benefit.

As we approach speed, the hot air moves around in its best Blast Furnace fasion.

And, just for yocks, the dried up old crank I get on the early run kindly informed us that the back doors are fucked. Again.

Thank Biff for A/C at home.

10 comments:

Larry said...

Try sitting in the back of a van with black curtains blocking the breeze, if there is one, in 90+ degree heat and you now know how most of my summer days are spent.

Anonymous said...

Better luck next time, most of the TTC busses seem to have AC. You must have just got a shitty one.

Mossy Stone said...

You work for the FBI, Larry? A Stakeout man? Waaaaaaaaaaaay Cool!

Mossy Stone said...

Wasn't TTC, zach...it was transit outside Toronto. I don't think any of the older buses have A/C...a few of the new ones, maybe.

Larry said...

No just a p.i., but, yes a stake out man. i prefer professional stalker.

Penny said...

Ooooh a P.I.? Now I'm humming the Magnum P.I. theme.

Pssst where's the Ferrari, Larry?

Mossy Stone said...

Despite being surrounded by kids wearing hoodies and backwards/sideways Yankees/Mets caps, I'd say No. =oP

Larry said...

Yeah, I wish I could afford a Ferrari.

Penny said...

I wish you could, too. :)

Anonymous said...

hum.. pitty then. my bus was wonderfully air conditioned today... and I pay the Toronto cost of living for the privilage. ^_^

don't feel bad about the lack of glamour being a PI, making movies isn't as good as they make it look in the movies either. ah well.