Saturday, June 18

Well, we know what it isn't...

And, after much contemplation, we think I've pulled one of my oblique ab muscles.

It hurts like a sonuvabitch. Breathing is okay, kinda sorta, but winding up for a sneeze, or trying to belch, well, its a whole new avenue of pain.

My DW said, "You're going to have to take more care with hockey, Hunny. I worry about you. You're not as young as you used to be."

She's right, of course, but, I'm not sure how to respond to a statement like that.

I've been served notice that if it doesn't get better, I'm going to the hospital.

6 comments:

Penny said...

I'd like to clarify this post:

(a) HE thinks it's a pulled oblique. I'm not so sure. It's not acting like a pulled muscle and, if it was a pulled muscle, it should be showing some signs of improvement after 5 days. It's not. It's getting worse.

(b) I told him that I love him, worry about him and if anything ever happened to him, I'd be completely lost. I also clearly stated that when hockey starts affecting our sex life, then we need to rethink the hockey thing.

(c) He's got three hours to get better, or off to the ER he goes.

Larry said...

Point by point analysis.

a) good point
b) what!? I can live without sex, but hockey, are you crazy. I understand there are 2 people up there and just me here so really it is not a valid arguement, but, damn, are you serious? No hockey?
c)if it is getting worse the ER is about the only way to go.

Penny said...

I took him. Doc agreed that it's a pulled ab muscle and has given him happy pills. He's taking tomorrow off and the doc said to "take it easy" for a while. I've threatened to staple his jammies to the mattress if he moves off the bed.

Larry said...

Wow, I thought the doc told him to take it easy.

duff said...

penny: i'm with you- sex takes priority over sports.

Dtrini said...

You respond to the statement like this, "Yes honey, I freely admit that my ass is old and I must take care of my old ass better to ensure longevity."