Tuesday, June 7

One Year Later

The sky didn't fall, the world didn't stop spinning, and Elvis is still missing.

365 days ago saw the final game of the 2004 NHL Season. Who knew we could live without NHL hockey for an entire year? None of the woes predicted came to pass. All we have are the locked out players and the screwed over arena staff. The big losers, of course, are the fans.

There's lots of talk of imminent deals, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Ah well...the CFL Regular Season starts June 22....bring on the game!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

and a year ago today, I was not building an ark to survive the rain, I was on the Red Mile screaming my face off for Calgary. *sigh*
And I'm missing the pre season game tonight Calgary-Ottawa.. *sigh*
I want my sports fix!

Penny said...

Wow...a year since hockey??

Larry said...

Kristin, I was also rooting for Calgary. To no avail.

Anywho, I made it through the year by playing more, skating more and well, working a lot.

As for Kat, BOO!, BOO! and BOO! Not to put you down, but the Yanks are Satan's team the Rangers, well, you said it best already, and the Giants, well at least you didn't say the Jets. I guess, being from NY, you can't help it, I will forgive you this time. ;P

Dtrini said...

They are now in the process of tinkering with the game. How about a move to International rules and old goalie equipment sizes? Not the crap they are throwing out there. Nothign has changed for me yet. As of this moment, I still say (*&^%(*& hockey!!!

Mossy Stone said...

The NHL ran an equipment trials camp recently, so the goalie equipment size changes are in for sure. (According to TSN.ca) I hope they don't mess with the net sizes, but they tried a few other rule changes and they seemed to work nicely.