Wednesday, June 1

I think I know...

...why I'm so twitchy.

I don't have anything to read.

Like my usual escapist, mass market paperback stuff. I'm out.

This does not bode well for that side of my brain seeking suspension of disblelief and mental travels to alternate realities.

Okay, so I'm not always reading the latest narrative heavy dreck from the "hot author of the moment", but I still like the escape and that rare joy found only in the pages of a book.

Better get one fast before I go nutso.

5 comments:

Larry said...

Try a book called the flamingo rising by Larry Baker. One of my favorites or maybe if you have not already read either of them, The Alienist or Angel of Darkness both by Caleb Carr

duff said...

i highly recommend anything by laurie notaro, bill bryson, augusten burroughs, and/or david sedaris.

Mossy Stone said...

Larry: Love Caleb Carr's stuff and I own both of those books. I'll have a look for your suggested author.

Duff: thanks for your suggested reads, too :). I'm always open for an excuse to hit a bookstore. *g*

Anonymous said...

You want I should bring you a sizeable pile of brain-busting SF?

Guaranteed to burst your paradigms open... ;)

Dtrini said...

Too late on the nutso part.

Gila is bursting paradigms again? I thought the court order prevented that?