Tuesday, June 21

A Sad Silence at Yonge & Bloor

I honestly figured that old Ben would live forever.

Only in Toronto could you find a withered old specimen singing country karaoke on a street corner, wearing his own Mayoralty race shirts or promoting his health products.

Charitably, Ben wasn't exactly C&W's answer to The Velvet Fog, but people would still stop and listen and smile. Even I enjoyed his folksy demeanor and his ability to be an all-weather, all-season singer when I passed his spot on the way to the subway as I headed home.

He never made it to the Mayor's office, but he definitely left an impression.

Resquiat in Pace

3 comments:

Stephen said...

now you're writing about death!

Penny said...

pssst FW, that's just so he can show off his knowledge of latin. :oP

Larry said...

I know nothing of latin or death. Jsut that my brother is fluent in latin and I won't know anything about death for as long as it takes.