Thursday, June 16

Okay, I can go home now. I have officially seen it all.

Thai police say man glued himself to death

Bangkok (AP) — Authorities in Thailand say it's something they've never seen before: death by super glue.

(Yeah, I saw that title and said, "what the...")

A young Thai man said to be suffering from stress killed himself by sealing his mouth and nose with glue, police said Thursday.

(Stress? Stress? Stress drives you to consciously block off your air passages?)

The body of Komkrit Choochan, 20, was found Thursday morning in his bedroom in downtown Bangkok, police Lieutenant Colonel Mongkol Nanthajit said. He said the victim, thought to have suffocated overnight, had his mouth and nose sealed with super glue, which prevented him from breathing.

(Frankly, I couldn't imagine a more miserable way to go.)

It was believed to be the first suicide of its kind in Thailand.

(first of its kind in Thailand, they say? You mean some other poor shmuck in another part of the world has tried this? This is a doucmented suicide means?)

Mr. Komkrit's family told police he had a history of moodiness. They said he argued with his elder sister on Wednesday over money she borrowed from him and failed to return.
A note saying “Here is all that I have, take what you please,” was found on the dead man's bed along with some cash, police said.

(That's just fucked up. Sad thing is, some other broken, misguided soul will actually try this method of life escape.)

17 comments:

Theresa said...

As someone who's thought about suicide a lot, (It's my job. I have Major Depressive Disorder) this guy broke one of the most important rules:

1.) Don't choose a method of killing yourself that people will laugh about.

While I agree that it's not nice to leave a mess, it's a whole other thing to have half the planet shooting coffee out their noses while they read about your untimely passing in their morning paper.

Mossy Stone said...

I'd say you hit the nail on the head. You shouldn't make yourself a write-in candidate for the Darwins, or to become a Late Show punchline.

Penny said...

I can't wait to see the warning on all superglue bottles:

"Warning: do not use superglue on airway passages" or some such shit

Mossy Stone said...

Yes....I'm sure there was a similar inspiration for "Do not iron clothes while you wear them"

Penny said...

Or, "Do not sit on curling iron when it's on."

Larry said...

Sorry, the curling iron thing is my fault. I didn't mean to ruin it for everyone else, I was just experimenting. Anyway, I just wish I didn't blow all that cash from the settlement(yes, in the US no warning=large sums of money) on hookers and blow and that sweet sheep shearing kit I have yet to use(the hookers were not amenable to this).

Penny said...

(pause to think about Larry's comment)

I got nothing.

Callie said...

Larry - they probably have issues with the whole "sheep" thing. I'm surprised they let you . . . ummm . . . you know.

As for the curling iron - only sit on it when it's NOT plugged in. Trust me on this one. It's much more fun that way.

Kristin said...

I will also attest to the curling iron.. gawd why I am admitting this I do not know.. howeverrrrrrr....

I am sure most women can relate to this story (maybe didn't happen exactly, but they will understand...)

Sitting on the toilet seat (lid down!) getting ready to go out, holding curling iron between knees while brushing/combing section of hair... slip of curling iron...

yeah identical burn marks on the inside just above the knees...

duff said...

i have a curling iron somewhere- i think it's keeping my blow dryer company. (i don't care what that blogthing said- i am low maintenance, dammit!)

Larry said...

Wow, silence from P-Shag. Damn I'm good. It was a joke folks.

Don't want you all thinking I am some type of pervert(that last line was definitely not typed with a straight face).

Penny said...

I believe that's twice you've left me speechless, Larry. Well done. I'm sure Mossy will be asking you for hints on how to do it, soon.

I used to go to the gym with this woman who used to turn her curling iron on, set it on the counter and then get in the shower. Her hubby wanted to use the counter for something, so he moved her c. iron onto the lid of the toilet - without telling her. She proceeded to sit on the lid of the loo and the iron was so hot it actually melted through her skin and various sub-epidermal layers, right through to her muscle. She had to have surgery and everything.

I'm thinking the hubby's STILL paying for that one.

Larry said...

yeah he's got to look at her scarred ass when he's......

Penny said...

LMFAO true

Mossy Stone said...

Good grief...

"P-Shag???

Larry said...

Yeah, kinda like J-Lo, only, not.

Dtrini said...

Hmmm. Sheep. Glue. Stupid People. Curling Irons. Burnt Thighs. Innuendo.

And I am feeling in the waxing poetic mood? Is this some kind of cruel twist of fate and joke? Dammit.

I refuse to play your game, universe. I aint saying nuttin!