Wednesday, June 1

I wonder...

....about all the useless crap running around in my brain sometimes.

I'm occasionally asked "what are you thinking about?". Sometimes, I can't answer because even I don't know. A guy like the Free Writer offers probably the best insight into the stuff that goes on. Its a constant stream of random and frequently interconnected thoughts. Lots of it is stupid if you try to articulate it in the real world. Is it all just your restless imagination at work? Does it refuse to remain idle? What about those folks who seem to express no imagination? Are they just wired differently? Or, is there some inner torrent of thoughs that just never makes it outside?

(Can someone tell me why my bus is so fucking crowded this morning?)

And then there's the visual element.

Years ago I was reading one of Robert Fulghum's books and he said that if anyone could look inside a mind, they'd see something that was part slide show, home movies, wrestling match, stand-up comedy, and x-rated feature all in some strange kaleidescope. Imagine the smallest multi-plex you've ever seen residing in your head, showing the story of your life, real and imagined, on every screen.

That's what my brain feels like sometimes.

Every so often I struggle for what to write simply because I dunno where to begin. Of course that happens with work stuff that needs writing, too.

For example, I could go completely Zen about this talk of the mind, but, well....ah, I dunno. Is it too much, has it been done? Is this the mental stretch I need? I could go on and on about lots of current events, but its largely been done and all I can offer is opinion and hetoric, not fact.

Yep...interesting thing, the brain. A couple of pounds of greyish-white spongy tissue that seems to do a lot more that give the skull a nice, round shape...

(See? This is what happens when I don't ride my bike to the train in the morning...)
--------------------------
sent from wireless

No comments: