Wednesday, June 22

Good evening preceeded by a lousy day

Okay, so its a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sue me.

I'm really excited today because my football season starts tonight! I plan on being oblivious to anything other than the TV and the remote by around 7PM. *grin* Definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Even better, DW and I are off to see the Argos season opener on Saturday. Should be a good game, because its a bit of a Grey Cup re-match where the Boatmen host the B.C.Lions.

But these pleasurable moments are often balanced by moments of pain.

This morning, for example, I have an e-learning session scheduled for a client. Normally I manage to suffer through these events, but today is a tad frustrating. We usually have all the supporting documentation complete and ready to go before I teach (eg. Who calls who for support, etc.) That little piece is missing today. Why? Client management hasn't confirmed the details. But I still have to teach their staff.

So what am I supposed to do...make this shit up? Guess?

Just for laughs, MY internal contact who could solve this issue won't be in until nine.

What time am I supposed to teach? Nine.

Asshats abound.

Is it 7PM yet?

**(0925ET - Author edit/update: I got the client to agree to postponing the e-learning session until Friday so we can get the gory details sorted out. yay!)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'll be at Calgary's home opener against the Argos :-) Guess who I'm not cheering for ;-)

Larry said...

Calgary?

Asshats. That is a perfect descriptor.

Dtrini said...

If I did not have a no-limit hold 'em tournament to deal with, we would have come out with you. I must post my picture of me, the Grey Cup and, ahem, Coach Mike "Pinball" Clemons. He really is the nicest human being you will probably ever meet in your lifetime.

I think I could attain that serenity only with a serious drug treatment program (not for the drugs I am taking, but for the drugs I need to take to get that serene).

As for getting the teach postponed, "Who da lion? YOU da lion!" Sorry, full of Madagascar references.